- ‘Green’ ideas for winter-white weddings
- Six ways to use social media in your job search
- Use a fresh start to get organized with these tips
- Is this the year you change your career?
- Financial savings and more when shopping online
- Living credit smart in tough financial times
- Save money, even when you splurge
- Small business, big opportunities: Tips for women focused on managing their small businesses
- How do you keep cash flowing? Small companies go online for answers
- Three things you’d never guess would affect your chances of getting a job
Four steps to a more beautiful bathroom
The quickest way to beautify your bathroom or any area in your home is with a fresh coat of paint. Color has a huge influence on the mood of your space, and you can instantly brighten, calm or energize your space with a few strokes of a paint brush.
Storing all of your toiletries, accessories and styling tools can be a challenge, but finding ways to avoid clutter is important when decorating a small room. Organization is key to a great-looking bathroom, so incorporate storage options that can add style while saving space.
Just because your bathroom is small doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice fashion for function. You can instantly bring style to the space by hanging an embroidered or textured fabric shower curtain in front of a neutral or clear shower liner. Coordinating absorbent floor mats next to the bathtub and sink will prevent water damage while bringing flair to the room. And you’ll use one nearly every time you are in the room, so invest in plush towels in a variety of colors and sizes for a luxurious, coordinated look.
Once you’ve given the room a new look, appeal to the other senses and give your space a fresh, clean atmosphere. Bathrooms aren’t always associated with the most agreeable odors, so an especially aromatic room will be a pleasant surprise for visitors.