- ‘Green’ ideas for winter-white weddings
- Six ways to use social media in your job search
- Use a fresh start to get organized with these tips
- Is this the year you change your career?
- Financial savings and more when shopping online
- Living credit smart in tough financial times
- Save money, even when you splurge
- Small business, big opportunities: Tips for women focused on managing their small businesses
- How do you keep cash flowing? Small companies go online for answers
- Three things you’d never guess would affect your chances of getting a job
You Will Win if You Don’t Quit
“You Will Win if You Don’t Quit: A Guide to Setting Successful Goals” is a step-by-step guide that teaches readers how map out a plan for achieving their dreams and empowers them to overcome any obstacle in the process. Written by Two-Time WNBA Champion and Former Fox Sports South Women’s College Basketball Analyst Yolanda Moore, this book chronicles her journey from rural Mississippi to making history as a member of the first ever WNBA Championship teams the 1997 & 1998 Houston Comets. Yolanda shares her struggles of growing up in a single parent home, living in poverty, suffering from low self-esteem and depression, and battling with issues that most young girls without their father or a positive male figure in their lives deal with today. Despite being diagnosed with a degenerative bone disease, undergoing the first of five knee surgeries and becoming a teenage mother all by the age of 18, Yolanda knew she was destined for greatness. Although her former college coach and soon to be professional basketball coach tried diligently to persuade her not to, Yolanda participated in the Houston Comets’ open tryouts in May of 1997, just four short months after giving birth to her second child and a year after having her third knee surgery. Through sheer will and determination, Yolanda beat out more than 200 women to earn one of only four remaining spots on the Houston Comets’ roster. This single mother of four shares her powerful story of inspiration and empowerment and is a must read for anyone who has big dreams and even bigger obstacles to overcome. Yolanda believes that greatness lies within each of us and can be achieved with vision, determination, a solid plan, perseverance, positive attitude, and action. Her motto is simple: You Will Win if You Don’t Quit!